Kofax Mobile Capture
Organizations across a wide variety of sectors, including banking, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, and government are looking for ways to provide better, faster services while leveraging and optimizing investments in existing infrastructure and systems.
And in today's fast-paced market, customers expect real-time answers to questions such as: What is the status of my request? Did you receive my document? When will I get a confirmation? When will my account be ready?
With Kofax Mobile Capture for apple and android, field representatives or customers themselves can capture documents and photos using a smart phone or tablet to initiate critical business processes at the earliest point in the process. Capturing this information at the Point of Origination and delivering it to enterprise applications accelerates processes and reduces processing costs for better customer service.
These new capabilities extend the investment in existing capture processes directly to the iPhone, iPad and Android device. Leveraging Kofax patented VRS image perfection technology directly on the device, documents and content are captured completely and file sizes are optimized reducing transfer times and data plan costs.
With Kofax Mobile Capture, you can:
- Turn your iPhone, iPad or Android device into an enterprise scan and capture app
- Capture documents and photos
- Add meta data to documents
- Submit documents and data to corporate processes, archives or systems
- Enforce business rules from corporate systems directly within the app
- Centrally controlled and administered through Kofax Capture
- Optimize images using Kofax patented VRS image perfection technology
- Capture business cards and convert the paper card into a vCard
- Capture receipts and receive a searchable PDF
- Capture a document and receive a searchable PDF
- Users are prompted to select a capture process which is centrally controlled by Kofax Capture
- VRS running on the device ensures the document captured with the camera is of acceptable quality
- VRS performs image analysis, deskew, cropping, and processing of the document
- User can add additional pages or combine documents
- If required, user will be asked to enter meta data or index values for the document or process
- User submits the document
- Kofax reporting provides an audit trail
- Tightly integrated with Kofax Capture, Transformation Modules, and Front Office Server
- Kofax Capture has integrations to over 100 back end systems and repositories
- All jobs, security, processes, and configuration is administered centrally
Kofax Mobile Capture requires additional licensing for Kofax Capture.
New functions in this version:
For demonstration and evaluation purposes, Kofax Mobile Capture now provides sample processes for capturing business cards, receipts and general documents. Business cards are scanned and converted to a vCard so they can be easily added to your address book. Receipts are scanned using Kofax VRS technology so the receipt is cleaned up on the device. Kofax servers then convert the receipt to a searchable PDF for easy search and retrieval and return it to you via email.
Finally, with the document example, users can capture any document and have it processed on the device with Kofax patented VRS image perfection technology. The Kofax server will then send you a copy of the perfected and the searchable text of the document as a PDF.
These are three basic examples of leveraging Kofax technology and platforms to automate and accelerate processes. Other examples where customers are using Kofax Mobile Capture include mortgage processing, insurance claims, accounts payable, invoice processing, customer on-boarding, new account opening, and expense management.